Today we brought you a great cheesy vegan recipe! Vegan Potato Cakes
2 lbs potatoes * (500 g)
2 carrot (100 g) (or sub more potatoes)
1/3 cup flour * (gluten-free, if needed) (35 g)
1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese (40 g) (optional)
2-4 tbsp spring onion or chives chopped
2 tbsp parsley chopped
1.5 tsp salt
0.5 tsp black pepper
pinch of nutmeg
4 tbsp plant-based oil (for frying) additional flour (or bread crumbs) (for coating)
1) Cook potatoes in skin along with the carrot until tender, then drain and peel potatoes. Mash using a potato masher and let cool completely. (Optionally, use leftover mashed potatoes).
2) In a large mixing bowl, stir together mashed potatoes, herbs and seasonings. Add flour and vegan cheese and stir until all flour is incorporated.
3) Form 6-8 balls of dough (or make smaller cakes if you prefer). Roll each one in additional flour (or bread crumbs), then gently flattening into patties.
4) In a large skillet, heat up 2 tablespoons of plant-based oil on medium heat.
5) Fry each potato cake on one side for about 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Then flip and fry on the other side.
6) Serve with cashew dip or vegan cream cheese and some more fresh herbs.